The Role of Canadian Institutions in the Global System: Taking the Lead with Active Engagement
For 12 years in Europe and for 8 in the US, Institutional Investor has co-hosted events focusing on active engagements by institutions in the companies they invest in. Given Canadian institutions' unique position and needs, we are holding a roundtable event focusing on shareholder rights and attendant issues for the second time in Toronto.
The Canadian Fiduciary Roundtable will gather 25 senior representatives of pension funds, selected endowments, and asset management firms to discuss such issues as setting priorities in your ESG/SRI investing, making the most of opportunities to affect governance change when necessary, and quantifying the benefits of being an actively engaged investor.
- Graeme Bromby, Director & Assistant Corporate Secretary, Public Sector Pension Investment Board
- Michael Kelly, Executive Vice President & General Counsel, OMERS
- Judy Payne, Executive Director, Municipal Pension Plan
- Paul Schneider, Head of Corporate Governance, Public Equities, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan
- Judy Cotte, Vice President & Head of Corporate Investing, RBC Global Asset Management